Monday, May 11, 2009

Just Stuff

This past week we have lost tooth, and taken another step to finishing a bedroom.  First the tooth!  Madi has been wiggling her tooth 24/7.  I am certain she did nothing at school, but wiggle that tooth.  Finally on Thursday we saw Grandpa and she made an appointment to go over to get her tooth pulled.  She told him she would be over at 8:30.  We made a few stops after McKay's ballgame, so she was late for her appointment.  Madi is one of those girls who is excited over everything.  Her eyes get big and her smile gets bigger!  She feels that Grandpa is the only one who can pull teeth!  Seems to work for her!  She snuck in one of her older teeth to fool the tooth fairy, she's a sneaky money-maker!  When Madi showed Mia her money she received, Mia figured she should get some as well.  After trying to explain the loosing teeth thing, Whit just went and stuck some coins under her pillow!  It is not just me doing the spoiling!  It made Mia happy!


So proud of her money!
Our toothless girl, Grandpa told her she would have to start eating noodles only!



This is not our best picture, obviously I chose the wrong one!  She is smiling in all of the others!  She is really happy about how it turned out!  She sewed, quilted and stuffed the pillows, she also helped in quilting the quilt, and piecing together some of the blocks.  One 10 hr. project down, only 7 to go!  We still need the baseboards/trim  put in her room, hopefully this summer!  Now she wants to work on some magnet boards for her walls.  Thanks Grandma for helping us learn!


We used an extra fluffy bat so where we quilted just puffs up.  Whit's favorite block is one with a butterfly that just so plump!  Whitney made the comment that she felt so good that someone would take so much time to help make a quilt like this.  I guess she can truly feel the love stitched in that quilt!


As for McKay, he is still deep in baseball.  He is doing so well at pitching.  He has a tender heart and got pretty upset when he hit a kid.  They are improving so much.  I think Marcus is loving it as much if not more than McKay.  When we get home he is so excited he can't sleep.  It is fun to see them both have such a good time!  


I almost forgot my great Mothers Day!  Marcus brought me a tree and a lilac bush home on Friday.  I was pleased, but Marcus was soon gone again to get four more trees.   We will eventually get our yard progressing.  The kids made cute cards, planted flowers and all of the fun kid stuff.  Sunday morning I enjoyed a yummy chocolate banana smoothie for breakfast.  Marcus was home to help get the kids ready for church.  It was actually a calm morning with an extra set of hands to get us going!  
I prepared fudge, carmels and with Whitney's help cut out boxes for my Sunday school class to make a small gift for their moms!  I thought the 15-16-17 yr. olds might give me a little grief for making them glue their boxes, and wrap their caramels, but they seemed to be alright about it.  I guess a taste of the treats were reward enough!  I wonder how many moms received the gift!  I ended up having 17 kids in class!  I am glad I made extra!

4 comments:

Kristi Rowley said...

Gorgeous Bed Set! You guys are all very talented!

Robinsons said...

First, could you please come teach in our Ward. The kids that age must love you!!! Good Job Whit. It looks so nice. And I didn't know grandpa was taking appointments! I'll keep that in mind. I remember him pulling my teeth. HE'S GOOD!!!! Also gald to see that the teenagers are helping with the spoiling at your haouse too. Now they have nothing to complain about!!!!!

The Busey Family said...

I love that quilt. It is beautiful. I would stay in there all day if I could :) Those toothless grins are the best. How cute! I am glad you had a good mothers day!

Megan Guymon said...

Can I come to your class?? I like carmels and fudge! See you are doing great! I bet you are their favorite teacher ever! Nice bed set too...I need to get my hiney in gear and do something like that. I have one that needs to sewn together. Any takers??