What a fun tradition our little community has. Last night we had a special visitor knock on our door! Santa ran up our stairs and peeked in our window. Mia at first was in shock and awe, with a few tears. Whitney (her other mom) picked her up and ran over to the door. The girls stepped out on the deck that is piled high with snow. Santa said " hey, Mia Merry Christmas." Then he gave a big ho ho ho and ran off. Mia came in wide eyed saying, Santa knowed my name, him's not scary! Then she quickly got the phone to call Grandma and Grandpa T. She said, "Santa is here you better not pout." She sat for the rest of the night talking about Santa and his reindeer. And yes, at bed time the shock had not worn off, she slept right by me! McKay was in playing a game and missed the whole excitement. Madi checked a few times for reindeer, but decided that he must have walked and tied the reindeer somewhere else.
What a fun month this has been! We are so grateful to have snow this year! The kids have kept the four wheelers going. The snow is perfect for sledding. The boys have constructed a little snow hill to snowboard on. It keeps them busy for most of the day, until they need to come in and get dry gloves. Mia got to go out sledding yesterday, ending her experience with a faceplant, Carrie took good care of her and warmed her right up. She still wants to go out! Morgan (a cousin) often wakes us up with snowballs pelting the window! No rest for the weary when the snow is a falln'!!
It has been a while since I have blogged, not for lack of blogging material! This month we have enjoyed: Dance and piano recitals, Christmas programs, a visit to NV., Christmas parties, the TAT girls day (which I enjoyed so much!) and the list goes on! What better way to enjoy Christmas than to have family around. Tonight we are preparing to enjoy another TAT community tradition. Chet hosts a Christmas Eve dinner and fun. The kids look forward to hearing the dispatcher tell where Santa has been seen last. They even tell when he is getting to close, so the kids are anxious to get home to bed! The menu is always oh so good: steak, shrimp and to please everyone this year ham as well! I am not sure we were ever invited this year, I just asked what I was supposed to bring. Good thing Chet is always welcoming!
We hope you have a great Christmas and a wonderful New Year. We can't wait to see what a new year brings. We have been so blessed this year, how grateful we are to have great people like you to share our days with! Enjoy the magic of Christmas, it always gives a little tickle in my tummy!
Merry Christmas!
2 comments:
I have a tickle in my tummy too! I was just telling Mom and Dad last night that I wish we were all little again and could be at grandma opal's house dancing. Oh well, it is all replaced with the excitement of our kiddos! Merry Christmas to you from us! Love ya
For some reson, tears are very close today. Could be the lack of sleep mixed with all the memories of Christmas'past and then reading about Mia being so excited and calling Grandma and Grandpa and the sleding, never a dull moment up there!! I miss you all, and hope that you have a Merry Christmas. We will be thinking of you. Maybe Dawsyn Dawsyn will call to see what Santa left at your house.
I will try not to pout!!
Love kimala
Post a Comment